无数的numerous/myriad (a myriad of)
大量的A great / large / huge / (in)considerable / significant / noticeable number / amount / quantity / portion of
对半的almost / nearly / some / close to / approximately half of
大多的the (vast / overwhelming) majority of
一些/另一些(抽象意义)：some – others, majority – minority
1. 玫瑰All roses have thorns.
2. 花园No garden is without weeds.
3. 金币Every coin has 2 sides.
4. 利剑Every sword has 2 edges.
5. 利弊Every advantage has its disadvantages.
6. 众口It’s hard to please all.
7. 仁智So many people, so many minds.
8. 伟人Great minds think alike.
9. 毒肉One man’s meat is another man’s poison.
10. 过及Throw the baby out with the bath water.
各行各业people from all walks of life / the circle/community/walk of education
学生examinees / testees / students
特殊人群readers / drivers
支持/反对者followers – objectors, dissenters – consenters
参与者participants / candidates / interviewees
认为assume / argue / hold (the opinion) / claim / suggest / declare / say / assert / state / believe / insist/ maintain / doubt / suspect that
支持give / express / show / demonstrate one’s support for
赞成/反对vote / ballot for/against
cast one’s vote / ballot for / against
side with / stand on the side of
接受take the advise / follow the suggestion / accept the opinion / idea that
意见是one’s viewpoint is that / be with the view that
1. 背景法Along with the advent of…
2. As Chinese society develops, greater importance is attached to…
3. Gone is the days / years / age / period / era / times in which / when people regard / take / consider / think of / take sth. as a new / strange / radical blessing / curse / phenomenon / concept / notion / creation / invention
4. 提问法Is it a blessing or a curse?
5. 总结法Admittedly, there are merits to both sides of the argument.
6. All roses have thorns.
7. No garden is without weeds.
8. Answers shall find it hard to please all, as the old say goes.
9. As the proverb goes: “Every coin has its two sides”, ___ is no exception.
10. As to whether it is a blessing or a curse, however, people take different attitudes.
11. At present, some people think ____, while others claim ____. Both sides have their merits and drawbacks.
12. Consensus has never been reached on this issue.
13. Every advantage has its disadvantages.
14. 组合句型As the proverb goes: "So many people, so many minds.", it is quite understandable that people from different backgrounds put different interpretations on the same issue of sth.
1. On the one hand / For one thing…
2. Supporters firmly suggest that …
3. The majority is in favor of the idea / point out the fact that sth. is beneficial to…
4. These people hold the view that…
5. Thunderous applause could be heard to maintain the idea that…
6. 因果法They also argue that sth is helpful to…
7. 数据法According to a recent survey, …
1. One the other side of the coin / On the other hand / For another
2. Adverse criticism complains that…
3. Criticism could also be noticed to show people’s concern over…
4. Discommenders / Antis could not concur with the former by insisting…
5. 因果法The minority, however, stands on a different ground. They complain that it does harm to sth.
6. Moreover, they suggest, sth. might exert s on …
7. 举例法A case in point, …
1. 单刀式All things considered, a unshakable conclusion could be safely drawn that …
2. As is mentioned above, …
3. Balancing the advantages and disadvantages / s and positive effects of … I intend to stand on the side that …
4. Based on the evidence before me, I am bound to accept the viewpoint that … cet6w.com
5. Given the factors listed before…
6. I am with the view that / I am inclined to stand on the side that / I would like to vote for the former / latter idea that / I prefer the former / latter viewpoint that…
7. 对比式I note the advantage / / influence / drawback of sth, but this alone could not substantial outweigh the positive effect / influence / merit / disadvantage of it as a whole.
8. 展望式Looking ahead, we can say with full confidence that China will and social development to a new level despite of the current difficulties.
P11N2, 4, 7, 8, 25