1. A) Dick s trousers don t match his jacket.
B) Dick looks funny in that yellow jacket.
C) The color of Dick s jacket is too dark.
D) Dick has bad taste in clothes.
2. A) Call the police station.
B) Get the wallet for the man.
C) Show the man her family pictures.
D) Ask to see the man s driver s license.
3. A) The temperature is not as high as the man claims.
B) The room will get cool if the man opens the windows.
C) She is following instructions not to use the air-conditioning.
D) She is afraid the new epidemic SARS will soon spread all over town.
4. A) She lost a lot of weight in two years.
B) She stopped exercising two years ago.
C) She had a unique way of staying healthy.
D) She was never persistent in anything she did.
5. A) The man is not suitable for the position,
B) The job has been given to someone else.
C) She had received only one application letter.
D) The application arrived a week earlier than expected.
6. A) He s unwilling to fetch the laundry.
B) He has already picked up the laundry.
C) He will go before the laundry is closed.
D) He thinks his mother should get the clothes back.
7. A) At a shopping center.
C) At an international trade fair.
B) At an electronics company.
D) At a DVD counter in a music store.
8. A) The woman hated the man talking throughout the movie.
B) The woman saw a comedy instead of a horror movie.
C) The woman prefers light movies before sleep.
D) The woman regrets going to the movie.
9. A) He is the fight man to get the job done.
B) He is a man with professional expertise.
C) He is not easy to get along with.
D) He is not likely to get the job.
10. A) It is being forced out of the entertainment industry.
B) It should change its concept of operation.
C) It should revolutionize its technology.
D) It is a very good place to relax.